Pages

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

I'm Still Here!!

Where have I been? Why haven't I posted lately?

Answers:

On vacation. Just got back two days ago.

I want to post at least once a week, but sometimes I just don't have the time. And.....lately some books did not hold my interest. Like......

Hidden by Catherine McKenzie. I wanted to like it. I liked her first book Spin. In her latest book, two women are mourning the loss of the same man. Only one is his wife and the other is not. It sounds scandalous, but Catherine McKenzie explored the depth of the relationships between these characters and the consequences of their decisions.

I had high hopes, but I just couldn't get into this one. I think I started reading this one back in April. I stopped reading for a week or two, then I went back, then I stopped, then I went back....you get the picture! I'm a very cyclical reader. I read several books at once, and sometimes only one or two will really grab my attention. I stuck with Hidden for several months, but a couple of weeks ago I just had to put it aside. I wasn't connecting with the story or characters. It was not working for me. I will absolutely read another book by Catherine McKenzie, but I had to breakup with Hidden. In a couple months, I might give it another shot.

So, when will I post my next review or book-related post? Soon! I promise! I'm still here!

No comments:

Post a Comment