Pages

Friday, May 24, 2013

Tips for attending BEA....with a hint of sarcasm


 It's that time of year again!! I will be attending BEA Bloggers Conference and BookExpo America. Last year's blogger conference wasn't the greatest, but I think it will be better. Last year, was the first time Reed Exhibitions was handling it. I felt they were using us as marketing tools. It seemed to me that a conference for book bloggers should be about BLOGGING!! This year's program looks 10x better. The keynote speaker is Will Schwalbe, author of The End of Your Life Book Club. He was a guest speaker for one of my classes last semester, and he was very engaging. I can't wait to hear his speech next Wednesday.

But on to the point of this post. Every year I attend BookExpo America something happens. And by something I mean the rather rude attendees who push, shove, and cut long lines just to get a book. I love books too, but there is a nice and orderly way to do things. I could post a nice list of tip, but not everyone will pay attention. Instead, I decided to take a different approach with my list of tips. Here's what you should do when attending BEA...with a little hint of sarcasm.

1. Don't plan ahead: It's more fun to walk around a place the size of a football stadium without a plan/


2. Bring plenty of money with you: There's no need to bring snacks with you it's much more fun to spend money on overpriced food!


3. Hit the gym: After BEA is over you will have soooooooooo many books, it's best to start working on your upper body strength now.

4. Take, take, take: Don't worry take as much as you want. You won't hurt anybody when you reach for those books.

5. Go to the front of the line: Go ahead and skip me. Don't worry, some of us have only been waiting on line for 45 minutes or more.

6. Keep to yourself: It's so much more fun at a networking event to keep quiet. No need to make new contacts or make new friends.

7. You know I'm kidding about everything I just wrote? Hope so, if not click on the link !! Seriously, I was only kidding!!

No comments:

Post a Comment