Pages

Monday, April 23, 2012

It's Monday, what's on the cover?


It's Monday. what's on the cover? I'm back to reading a romance novel. A review will actually be posted later today of Somebody to Love by Kristan Higgins. The cover does look inviting!! I want to jump right into the water. Those two look smitten with each other, but the story inside tells otherwise. Parker and James don't start off on the right foot, so how they look so happy on the cover? Stay tuned, the review is coming in a few hours.


The Reeducation of Cherry Truong by Aimee Phan  takes us on a trip to Vietnam. A young woman visits her brother and some of her distant relatives. She learns about herself in addition to her families past. The cover looks like a colorful family tree. Is each branch a season? That's what I'm thinking looking at that picture. I'm reading a PDF of the book on my Kindle, so I can't really tell. So far the book is interesting.


I instantly think of Twilight when I look at the cover of Otherwise by Jennifer B. White. I'll be honest, I don't like vampire stories, which is why I'll never read Twilight. I don't think Otherwise has anything to do with vampires. A young woman goes back to the cottage of her hoarder grandmother. I think there are some paranormal elements to the book. The hoarding element is what drew me to the book. I'll see where the journey takes me.

No comments:

Post a Comment