Pages

Monday, June 20, 2011

It's Monday, what's on the cover?

Haunting Violet

It's been awhile since I've read a young adult novel. Bad blogger, bad bad blogger. Part of my reading challenge for the year is to read 20 YA titles. I've only read seven YA books this year. It's time to get back on the ball. Do you believe in ghosts? I don't, but perhaps Hauting Violet by Alyxandra Harvey can convince me. Look at that cover. Isn't it beautiful? The cover alone is what pulled me in. Thanks to Bloomsbury for providing me with a copy. Violet participates in her mother's scheming ways. Her mother claims to see ghosts, and uses that "gift" to get money from wealthy clients. Violet has always gone along with the scheme until she sees a ghost. Is it true?  A review will be post on July 8. In the meantime, enjoy a few videos.

 

4 comments:

  1. I've seen some buzz lurking around the book blog-o-sphere about this book and everything's been really good, so I'm really excited for this book. The cover of it is gorgeous. :)

    Suz @ A Soul Unsung

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope it's good, I'm only a couple of chapters in. I usually go for the more contemporary YA books. But every once in a while I like to mix it up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh this does sound interesting. I hope you like it!

    ReplyDelete