Pages

Monday, April 18, 2011

What's on the cover?


The Civilized World: A Novel in Stories

I didn't even have to read the full e-mail pitch before knowing I wanted to read The Civilized World by Susi Wyss. Like a lot of books, that cover pulled me in right away. The bright colors and that braid have to mean something right? I thought the cover was gorgeous. The book is set in Africa and told from the perspective of five women. I don't know what their bond is. But they have to bonded right? I interpret that braid to mean they are bonded by friendship. Or perhaps bonded by circumstances? Whatever the reason I wanted to know why. I haven't started reading it yet, but I will soon. Can't wait to dive in!!

Note: I'm looking for takers for my What's Up Tweeps?! feature. Here is April's question: Do you post negative book reviews? Why or why not? E-mail responses to bookangel224@gmail.com. Entries are open until April 21. If you have a question or topic that you would like to see discussed here, feel free to e-mail me. Who knows what we can come up with. Happy reading everyone !!

No comments:

Post a Comment