Pages

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

One year later ...


Happy Birthday!!!

One year ago today I was searching for a creative outlet. I was bored to tears. While I still have those moments of boredom, I'm so glad I that I started my blog. I put up my first post really really early in the morning. I just wanted to get it up, that I tired myself out trying to figure out how to use Blogger. I'm not very tech-savvy. I only learned how to put hyperlinks in my posts a few weeks ago. I also didn't know what hyperlinks were until a few weeks ago!

I don't think there is any right or wrong way to start a blog. You just have to do what feels right to you. It will take time to find your voice. I've gone back and forth so many times on what to write and what not to write. How much to write? How do I keep people interested (I'm still working on this one)? What's my niche? What am I good at?

I chose not to settle on a specific genre because I like just about everything, except science fiction. I often wondered if that would hurt me in the long term. I don't think it has because I have had the opportunity to read all kinds of books.

When I got my first pitch e-mail I wanted to do a cartwheel. The feeling is sheer euphoria when someone wants you to review their book. Then the inevitable sets in, trying to find the right balance between blogging and your everyday life. I make it a point to read everyday, even if it's just for a few minutes.

This blogging journey is still a work in progress. In a few days there will be a big change with my blog design. The wonderful Tawni at Forever Design Studio is whipping up a new layout for me. Stay tuned, and happy reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment