Pages

Monday, January 17, 2011

It's Monday, What's on the Cover?


Girl, Stolen (Christy Ottaviano Books)

"The girl in the backseat wouldn't stop yelling. She had black hair and huge brown eyes, wide with fright. Maybe she was pretty. Griffin didn't know. All he knew was that right now she was a big problem. Even though he was freaking out, he forced himself to think. Thank God no one was nearby."

Sounds interesting, and that's just the start of the second chapter. In keeping with my new rule (three review books, one personal), I'm starting a book from my personal reading pile. Months ago I won a copy of Girl Stolen by April Henry from Goodreads. A 16-year-old blind girl is sleeping the backseat of the car, unbeknownst to the man who steals the car. Where does this journey lead? I've been wanting to read this one for a while. Look at the cover. We don't know what she looks like, but the air of fright is there. One of her eyes is peeking through, but it's all black. An omen perhaps? Doesn't sound like a happy story. Stay tuned!


Notes: I'm looking for takers for my What's Up Tweeps?! feature and I'm still hosting a giveaway for Delirious by Daniel Palmer. Click the tabs at the top of the page for details. And, I hope to have a review of Delirious up by the end of the week. Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment