Pages

Monday, December 13, 2010

Finally a cover from my TBR pile!!

It's Monday, and today's the day I talk about the covers of the books I'm reading. I'm still engaged in Exley by Brock Clarke, Under the Mercy Trees by Heather Newton and Life by Keith Richards. Look for a review and Q&A of The Remains by Vincent Zandri on Thursday.

Before I Fall

After taking stock of my TBR pile, I decided it was time to read a book from personal pile instead of a review book. Most of the time I read four review books at a time, meanwhile my personal reading pile continues to grow. I will continue to read four at a time, but from now on at least one has to be a personal pick. Today's personal pick is Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver. It's been awhile (October) since I read a YA book, and that's a shame. I bought this one like three or four months ago. And that poor girl on the cover is just imploring me to read this book. Look at that face, it's saying, "Read me! Read me!"

From what I've heard it's Mean Girls meets Groundhog Day. A self-absorbed teen gets to relive the day she died. I don't get self-absorbed teen from that cover. I think of innocence when I see that photo. Someone nice and who cares about others. But will she get the chance to redeem herself? Can't wait to find out.


Notes: I'm looking for takers for my What's Up Tweeps?! feature. Details at: http://asiturnthepages.blogspot.com/p/whats-up-tweeps.html

Upcoming books for review include The Secret Life of Sandrina M. by Jessica Dee Rohm, What My Best Friend Did by Lucy Dawson, and Delirious by Daniel Palmer. I also have a signed extra copy of Delirious that will be up for giveaway soon. Stay tuned!!

No comments:

Post a Comment