Pages

Monday, November 8, 2010

What's on the cover?


You Already Know How to Be Great: A Simple Way to Remove Interference and Unlock Your Greatest Potential

It's Monday, it's time to see what's on the cover of the next book up for review. This will be my first foray into a self-help book. When I first saw the pitch e-mail for You Already Know How to be Great by Alan Fine, my first instinct was to say, "No Way!" My mother is the one who usually reads the self-help books in the house. What good could come from me reading a self-help book? Instead of instantly deleting the e-mail, I decided to think about it for a couple of hours. Then I remembered I'm trying to find a new job. Maybe a new way of thinking would help in my search, because my current mindset isn't working.

I'm not sure how to tackle the cover art for this one. A pawn in the shadow of a king? Perhaps we all feel like pawns in this big world, but maybe we have it in us to be kings. We have the power to be better, but just don't know it yet. It should be an interesting read! I hope to have a review up by Nov. 22. Stay tuned, and happy reading!!

Notes: Giveaway for Buffalo Gal and Buffalo Unbound is still ongoing, and I'm still taking entries for the next entry in my What's Up Tweeps feature. Check the links at the top of the page for details. 

2 comments:

  1. I'm very excited to hear what your thoughts are on this -- I haven't jumped into the fray of self-help books too much but I think they're fascinating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it could be good, I'm not totally on the self-help bandwagon. I'm aiming to have a review of it up by Nov. 22.

    ReplyDelete