Pages

Monday, July 12, 2010

What's on the cover?

Life After Yes: A Novel

Still engrossed in Asleep by Wendy Raven McNair and Vexation by Elicia Clegg. Just started Life After Yes by Aidan Donnelley Rowley. Yes I'm attempting three books at once again, but since I'm on vacation I figure I got the time!! I'm more than 100 pages into Life After Yes and I'm hooked. If Ms. Rowley's publicist hadn't contacted me, I would have eventually read the book. But it would have taken me months before I got a copy. I saw the book reviewed on some on other sites. The cover pulled me in. More than 90% of the time it's the cover that gets my attention more than word of mouth. On this cover we have a bride, presumably our main character Prudence "Quinn" O'Malley. That red sash makes me think the bride is also a little spitfire. The cover makes me think the bride is either running away or running to her wedding. Given where I'm at in the novel I think she's running away. But I could be wrong. I hope I'm wrong. I'm such a sucker for a happy ending!

1 comment:

  1. The article must give an impression that it is intended for professional use and not for sharing stories with others without giving much thought. See more rewriting service

    ReplyDelete